Not too long ago, I had the pleasure of reviewing the Sonicare HX6732/45, which is quite similar to this model (HX6731/02 Deluxe). Both are on par when it comes to performance, but the HX6731/02 offers more advanced features, like different interval timers.
I was lucky enough to try both models, and I have to say, the Deluxe brush is worth the extra cost. I’ll share my experience in just a moment, but first, let’s review the good and the bad about this model.
- Sonicare dynamic action gets in between teeth and along the gumline for a thorough cleaning.
- A two-minute quadpacer interval timer ensures that you clean your teeth for the dentist recommended amount of time.
- Three cleaning modes are included: clean way, clean, and sensitive.
- Multiple timer options for one minute, two minute and three minute cleanings.
- The battery lasts a full three weeks.
- Your teeth will look whiter in just two weeks.
- Comes with a two-pin plug
Like with the HX6732/45, the biggest issue with the HX6731/02 is that it only comes with a two pin plug. If you want to plug into a typical UK socket, you’ll need to buy an adapter.
Philips Sonicare HX6731/02 Review
The HX6731/02 was easy to use out of the box. And I loved that I had the option of using three different cleaning modes.
Because I have sensitive teeth, the sensitive cleaning mode was gentle enough to remove stains and plaque build-up without causing me any pain. The clean mode is also great for daily cleanings and is still gentle enough for sensitive teeth. I will admit that the clean and white is a bit more aggressive, but if you want whiter teeth in just two weeks, it’s best to use this mode.
The contoured brush head that comes with this brush allows for dynamic action that gets into those hard-to-reach areas, like in between your teeth, for the deepest clean possible.
With the built-in timer, you’ll always make sure that you brush for a full two minutes. This brush also allows you to choose different brushing times to suit your lifestyle – and schedule.
- GoCare: 1 minute timer
- Normal: 2 minute timer
- MaxCare: 3 minute timer
If you have a significant amount of plaque build-up or your teeth require extra care, the three-minute timer is your best option.
And you’ll be happy to know that just one single battery charge lasts an entire three weeks. That’s impressive for any battery-powered appliance.
Features at a Glance
- Sonicare dynamic action
- Three cleaning modes: sensitive, clean, and clean and white
- 3-week battery life
- Interval timer built in
- Three timer modes: GoCare (1 minute), Normal (2 minutes), MaxCare (3 minutes)
The Philips Sonicare HX6731/02 is everything you could hope for in a Sonicare brush. It comes with multiple cleaning modes to suit every need, and even allows you to customize the length of your brushing to fit your schedule. And in just two weeks, you’ll notice that your teeth are visibly whiter and feel incredibly clean.
Based on our review: (4.3 / 5)